Friday, April 18, 2008

The Other Mommy

We have two mommies in our house.

I always knew that Thing 2 was very maternal - she has cared for and played with baby dolls since I can remember. She has always been interested in babies and loves to ooohhh and aaahhh over them. It's just always been in her.

So, I shouldn't have been too surprised the other day when I realized that The Boy has now started calling her Mommy Mary. I don't know who started it, him or her, but I am leaning towards her. I was inside and the kids were playing outside. I heard The Boy yelling for me, so I started heading outside. The closer I got I realized that he wasn't calling out to me, he was calling out to his other mommy!

"Mommy Mary, Mommy Mary..."

Good grief - what am going to do with those two?

1 comment:

Chanelle said...

Hey~ at least you can share the responsibility and sometimes get a break! LOL