Saturday, July 12, 2008

Once a Mom, Always a Mom!


There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." ~Jill Churchill


I have to admit that I was not really looking forward to this past week! We had our new boy and I was so happy and excited about his coming (early), but I was a bit overwhelmed about taking care of four kids all day with little to no sleep all on my own. Bert had taken quite a bit of time off work already and it was necessary for him to get back - so he was not an option. That's when I turned to my mom! Whenever the going gets tough, my mom is there to toughen me up so that I can get going! Sometimes that "toughening up" is really just her taking good care of me and helping me feel grounded again, other times it's a pep talk and other times it is just sending me into the spare room to take a nap. That's what happened this week - I retreated to her home and Nana and Papa took care of us, feeding us lunch, helping me get the girls to Princess Camp, making sure The Boy didn't consume lethal compounds and cuddling our little Peanut when I needed a rest. It was a wonderful week and instead of crying the whole time, trying to figure out how on earth I was going to take on this new life, I was able to just rest and relax and not worry about all the necessities of life. I can't thank them enough for all they did and I have to let the world know how much I love my mom! I will always need her and my kids will, too! I hope she can handle all of that! So, to my mom, thanks for the million things you do for me and my family, you are a good mom and have taught me a great deal - now I just need to put it into play.


The kids had a fun week hanging out with Nana and Papa - they are still smiling, at least! I think we should all adjust to life just fine. (give us a few more weeks before you quote me on that!)

No comments: