Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Last of the Firsts ...

There is something about your last baby - every single milestone that made you laugh and get excited with your first, almost brings tears to your eyes now.
I remember being very proactive with the others in helping them sit and stand and walk and all of that, but, not so much with The King.
I am secretly trying to figure out how to keep him this small (relative term) FOREVER!!!
Despite my efforts, he finally managed to SIT - all by himself - see:
And he looked so cute sitting by his big brother -


Despite my efforts to keep him small - he is bound and determined to grow - if I don't feed him enough, he starts to eat the furniture.






Lucky for him those teeth have started coming in - he'll need them to gnaw away at my hutch!



It wasn't easy getting a good shot of his chompers either!


A little blurry, but you can get the idea ...


still trying ...


There we have 'em folks - his two front teeth.


Now I'm off to have a good cry!

8 comments:

Katie Pettey said...

Jenny, I feel your pain! As excited as I get sometimes for my boys to be on the same level so we can all enjoy things together, the last of the firsts are hard. Although, I'm all too eager to clean out the baby toys lately. ;)

Jen said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My baby is now 10. I keep threatening to put books on her head to keep her from growing. She gets so mad at me for even mentioning that. You posted such darling pictures! Loved them all.

RP said...

Jen! He is so cute!!!!! I know -- I don't know if Carter is our last -- we'll see how that goes -- but I know -- thinking -- this is it? I may never go through this cute little stage again :( And another note -- seeing your china hutch -- holy cow!!! My Mom left me theit bedroom set and it is the exact same everything! Handles wood carving, etc -- It's in storage til we can figure out where we are going to stay put for awhile-- Ta ta!

Amy

Kim & Campbell said...

I am so excited! The King is so cute, I love seeing his cute little face ! Campbell ate rice cereal today and I was so excited...YAY!

Shauna said...

Hope you are still coming to lunch on Sat. I am excited to met you in person! ♥ Hugs!

Amber said...

Oh you have a cute baby! That is hilarious seeing him gnaw on the furniture. I find little bite marks all over our house where the paint has been scraped right off by little teeth.

Amber said...

You have cute babies. I think you should stop counting the 'lasts' and have another!!

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh I can't even imagine! Actually I can... I think that's part of why I've been waiting to have another, it might be my last and I don't want to rush any part of it!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com