Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Funny Connections

Lately we have had some good times noticing some of the connections our little guy is making. The other night for example, I had just returned home from a quick trip to the grocery store. As I opened the door and walked into the house, my little guy came running toward me yelling, "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" (mind you, he was home with Dad while I was out shopping)

But it gets better.

A few weeks ago in church, The King sat right next to our neighbor (the gentleman in this photo)




for quite a bit of the meeting. They seemed like best buds. I was a little surprised by The King's boldness in seeking out a new friend, as he has been known to be a bit on the shy side. But I was grateful he had such a great distraction for the meeting.

The next week at church, we were walking down the hall. Not too far from his eye-level there was a photo posted on the wall with this gentleman in the picture. The King stopped at the photo, pointed right at his new friend and happily pronounced, "PaPa". So, I now understood the situation ... in his mind, The King wasn't making a new friendship, he was just hanging out with his grandpa at church!

This is his grandpa:


What do you think?
I guess the glasses make them almost twins! What a funny thing for a little guy.

But, I have an even better one ...

it happened the other night as we were watching Shaun White:


 receive the Gold medal.

The King looks up at the TV with a HUGE smile on his face,
points, and then says (with great clarity),

"Debbie"

Yes, that would be my sister, Aunt Debbie ...


I picked myself up from rolling on the floor laughing and called my sister to congratulate her on her olympic win!

We are so proud!

15 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

LOL LOL!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! How cute is he?!

Lara Neves said...

Too cute! Laughing about your sister's lookalike. That is hilarious!

When Benazir Bhutto was assassinated my Sophia (not quite 2 at the time) would say "Mama!" whenever she saw her picture on the TV or a magazine. And then I realized I did kind of look like her.

Chanelle said...

Hehe! Thanks for the smile.

Tia Langston said...

Too funny! Debbie is way cuter, by the way! But both of my boys totally thought Shaun White was a girl too. I love that little King of yours.

Katie Pettey said...

So funny!!!!

LM said...

That totally made my day...Thanks for the smile!

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I'd say he DOES have a good eye! And pass along congrats to your Sister the "olympian" LOL

K said...

This was a darling post. How lucky are you to have a two time gold medalist in your family:)

Kim said...

SO funny! Loved this post!

Jessica and Tim said...

That's so funny. I hope your sis took it in good humor.

Amber said...

Oh, I am laughing! Your sis is definitely a much prettier version but if somebody thought I could snowboard like that dude I would totally take it as a compliment!

Debbie Alden said...

I agree it was a compliment that I look like Shaun White. Hey I had already stated that the guy has great hair. The whole point of this that the little guy knows who I am what Aunt would love that??

Scott and Sara said...

That is hysterical!!! I love it!!

Amy said...

If it helps Debbie feel less bad about being compared to a man. I commented NUMEROUS times to Dave how NICE Shaun White's hair was and that I would LOVE to have his locks.

SO FUNNY!!