Monday, March 21, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Grandpa's Birthday

Today is my Dad's birthday ... he would be 72 this year ... hard to believe.

As sad as I am that my kids don't get to bounce on his knee or get whisker burns from him, I think I talk about him enough and share pictures enough that my kids have formed a pretty good idea about who he is. And we'll continue to do so as the years go on.

So, for Muffin Tin Monday, that happened to fall on his birthday - we had a little birthday lunch just for him. And no, none of these are any of his particular favorites, it was just fun party food. But I will say that my mom made those yummy potatoes with bacon, and they are GOOD! Anyhow - here's our eats:


(potato chips, ham & cheese roll, orange soda, cupcake, potatoes, and grapes)

And here are the kids singing happy birthday ... they got to blow out the candles, too!


 Happy Birthday Dad ...


We Love You!

3 comments:

Single Mama to Ngoc said...

What a great way to remember your Dad. I lost my Dad last May and even though I talk to Keree about him and we look at the few pictures we have of them together, I love the idea of celebrating his birthday this way. What a great party MT meal

Unknown said...

I bet he would have loved this meal. What a wonderful way to remember him!

Doran & Jody said...

What a great idea! Remind me to do this for my dad next March, k?