Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pumpkin Project #1 - Jack-o-Lantern Clock

This was soooooooooo very easy. I was watching Good Things Utah the other day and saw them make this custom clock face. They did a really fancy project - I thought about doing it, too. Once I got playing with the paper, I realized that my favorite halloween thing was round just like the clock, so why not keep it simple and make a jack-o-lantern.


I took the cover off the face of a clock I had sitting around, carefully removed the time needles, used the numbered paper that came with the clock as my guide and cut out my pumpkin.
Here it is:






Here are a few tips:

1. If the original face has a notch, make sure you include that in your paper you cut out, this will make it easier to keep things symmetrical.

2. Make sure a smaller piece of paper is placed dead center (where the post sticks out) so that you can use a hole punch to make the hole for the post to stick through. The main paper can just have a hole cut by scissors, since you can't get a hole punch into the center of the paper. But, a little shape with a clean hole punch will keep it looking nice and tidy.

3. When you are putting the time needles back in place, match everything up to the 12:00 position, then move them with the dial in the back.


There it is - easy, cheap, fun and a little something to add some holiday decor to your home!

No comments: