In the comfort of his own home - WHEW!
This little RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) experience did teach me a few things:
1. I have a very sweet, darling baby!
(okay ... so I already knew that)
2. I am very grateful for my life and my trials, they are all there for a reason. As I walked through the hospital, I was aware of many children much more ill than ours. I ran into a friend from college who was there with his newborn, who was born with some serious complications. I felt very grateful to have a curable illness that my baby would recover from soon.
3. I think I might want to look into going back to school and getting an RN and working there myself. Hmmmmm.
4. The Boy needs me ... he had a complete meltdown just hours before we arrived home. Earlier that day he looked at Nana and asked her, "Am I ever going to see my mom again?" He wasn't the same silly boy until we were all home together, the whole entire family!
5. I now know why we never bought one of those cool Bumpo chairs: