Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our Bit of Sunshine ... Day 1




Last Sunday we decided to get out on the open road in search of some sunshine!

Yes, it was necessary to leave the great state of Utah (that's pretty, great for those of you who remember the slogan years back).

I love ya Utah, but this on-again, off-again spring thing is really getting me down!

So, the quick fix was to get out of Dodge
(how big is the smile on Bert's face????).


We secured the children with safety belts ...



... and an unlimited DVD supply

(oh, how did our parents manage???),

and we headed south!


Singing, "Don't Fence Me In" entertained us until our first destination:


A very retro, but comfy place to set our heads that night!


The look of this hotel from the road was fantastic, they had a great sign and had decorated their pool fence ...
and the pool wasn't even open!
Now that's just cool!


And, I couldn't resist all the lights, yes, I took photos of the lights!
See? This girl needs a vacation!

And I got one!

YAY!


5 comments:

susette said...

Woo Hoo! Our Spring Break is just starting and I'm pretty happy about that too.

Those are some pretty cute lights you took pictures of actually.

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun. I wanna get outa here! Weird that you left a comment on my blog because I had a dream about you and your blog last night. You had won some kind of huge contest and I was deciding to rename my blog to "ColoradoJenny" and thinking of coming up with a Jenny club where we try to get a Jenny from all the other states. Weird! Anyway, I'm glad you had a bit of vacation!

brionyskerjance said...

hahah fun! michigan has been playin that hide and seek game with spring as well...i may need to go on a search for sun too :)

Jen said...

Yay! Sounds like a LOT of fun. Did you just do this spontaneously? Glad you were able to get out of town and enjoy some good times with the fam!

Anonymous said...

We need some sunshine that last more than one day here. Think AZ could send us some?