Saturday, August 8, 2009

Facebook + Odd Friend Request = Fun

A few months ago I received a Facebook Friend request from someone I don't know personally, but is a best selling author
... I thought it was kind of funny, kind of odd ...
I figured I was probably on some list somewhere
(probably MMB - you know who you are)
and he was probably networking from that list
(not just some weird-o random kind of request)
So ... why not? I accepted.
(NY Time Best-seller - several times - who am I to say no?)
How does all this add up to some fun?
This past week my new "friend" sent out an event notification (my favorite FB application) for a Kid's Carnival this weekend. When the weather reports indicated a fairly cool weekend ... well, it was a sure thing, we were going. Bert had to work, and although he would have loved to join us, I don't think he was too broken hearted.
Anyhow, the point is, I didn't even hear about this event through other means, so ... it looks like Facebook totally pays off!
Wahoo!
Many, many thanks RP ... I can call you that, right?
Bounce houses were the big hit of the day!

There were several to choose from,

and they were all fun.

I really don't know why this little guy was so happy, but I'm not going to complain. He really is the best baby ever!

Train rides are always a good time, too!

But the Bunny-Mobile really was something really unique*, the kids kept telling me how much more comfortable it would be to take a road trip in this than in our crummy old minivan! hmmmmm - I'll think about that one!

*Which reminds me:
Do you know how you catch a unique rabbit? Unique up on it?
Do you know how you catch a tame rabbit? The tame way!!!


But the best part for me was the Star Wars photo booth!
Really, how cool is that?

2 comments:

Debbie Alden said...

Looks like you had a blast. May the force be with you.

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! Glad the kids carnival was enjoyed by all. I just LOVE FB!!!