Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo

A trip to the zoo is always an adventure ... we don't go very often, so when we do, we always see something new ... Like BATS! (it almost looks kind of cute ... don't you think?)


And we got to see the cute baby Zuri ... I want a pet elephant someday ...
but I'll need much more property, I think!


Okay - so the giraffes aren't new ...


But, check out that tongue                                                        and then there was the two-headed variety!


You got me again, monkeys aren't new, but they are always so fun to watch -
and The King really got a kick out of them.


And this is just one of those mom things ... finding out you took as many photos of your kids as you did of all the animals you saw.


But it's so fun to see their joy and interest ...


... especially when it's their FIRST time!


And when they are desperately hoping to see a tiger go for a swim ... you just gotta snap away.


And when The King is on his first train ride and squawking with delight ...
well - there's no stopping my little trigger happy finger.


Yep, that is a day well spent!

6 comments:

Emily :) said...

You are such an awesome photographer! I love looking at your pictures! I am so glad that you guys had so much fun at the zoo. :)

Lara Neves said...

I love the zoo. I wish we had one closer to us than we do. When we lived near one we always got memberships and went often.

Your pictures are wonderful, as usual! Love that baby elephant!

Doran & Jody said...

So fun! My kids loved going to the zoo when they were puppies. They especially liked it when I "talked" for the animals. They would tell me over and over again..."Do some more mom."

Great memories. I think I need to take them all again with the grandkids now.

Hilary said...

The zoo is a very fun trip.
Funny, I just blogged about our zoo today. I guess it's just some summer fun!

K said...

It has been so long since we went to the zoo. That baby elephant makes me want to go. Finally it looks like the weather was cooperative enough to make a fun day trip like the zoo. Yay!

Jenny said...

You took some really amazing photos. Looks like you all had a fun trip to the zoo.