Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Bit of Sunshine ... Day 3



Sorry we keep dragging our trip out, but since I started this blog to document our life with the hopes of printing it all into a lovely little book, I figure I better show lots of vacation photos.


And, Aunt Debbie gets a kick out of them, too!
(although she is visiting New Zealand right now, so I don't think she'll be checking up on us for a few more days ... lucky!)


Day 3 took us downtown!



We strolled through the warm, sunny streets of downtown Phoenix and made a stop at the Science Museum.

We loved the digital image converter ... doesn't The Boy look like he's acting out "The Scream"?


And The King shows his true Alien roots!





Thing 2 really pulled her weight that day - way to go!




And Thing 1 got all crazy and layed down on a bed of nails ...


... OUCH!



The King was a test subject in an old study, he wouldn't crawl out onto the glass.


And this nose game was pretty darn fun, until it made The King cry!


And then we just had to snap a few photos of some really cool sculptures we passed on the street. (the one above is a little PG-13 - sorry)

Did you scroll back up to take a better look???

hee hee


It was just a warm, lovely day.


We LOVED the science museum.


Bert got to visit The Bass Place.


However, we did not make it to Sprinkles ... bummer!


After all of our activities that day, we powered up with some dinner and then met Brad and Wendy at the Mesa Temple for the Easter Pageant. It was wonderful. I didn't bring my camera with me but here is an image I found online. It took a lot of work to put that together and it sounds like people come from all over to see it. Many thanks to Brad and Wendy for saving our seats and helping us navigate the crowd so well!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bed of nails, wow I wonder if I would be brave enough to give it a try! I am sure that my children would love to give it a try.

Great trip!

brionyskerjance said...

hahah those pics are awesome! i don't think i would have braved the bed of nails....yikes

Shauna said...

I l♥ve hearing all about your trip! ♥ HUGS!

Kate said...

How fun. I bet your kids loved it. I have always wanted to go to that pageant. I bet it was neat. Have a great week.

Twinmomwv said...

I love the Easter Pageant! Back in the day when we had to drive for our youth temple trips we always went during spring break and attended the pageant. Oh, how I miss it! I hope it was fabulous for you!