Monday, December 7, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Christmas Breakfast


This week our Muffin Tin theme is Christmas Breakfast!!!

One word for it ... YAY!

For a few years now, Aebleskivers have been the main dish.
They are a traditional Scandinavian food,
and since Bert and I both have Scandinavian roots,
we like to adopt some of those great
traditions into our own little family.

This is what we had:


We had bacon and sausage, Mrs. Butterworth's, orange juice,
Aebleskivers, Buttermilk Syrup, oranges.



The kids were excited to eat their Christmas Breakfast early, because that means they'll get to eat it again in a few weeks! I was excited to make a fresh new batch of Buttermilk Syrup, so then it is already to go for Christmas morning! And Bert was glad I added sausage (it's usually just bacon)!

If you want to see how Aebleskivers are made ... go HERE.

If you want a good recipe for Buttermilk Syrup ... go HERE.

(two hints for Buttermilk Syrup - first, you can always have buttermilk on hand if you freeze it in one cup servings,
 and second, use a REALLY BIG pot for the syrup, trust me!)

Check out more Christmas Breakfast Muffin Tins at

10 comments:

Vone said...

Looks super yummy. Lots of fun.

Kristen said...

I am going to have to try that. They look so yummy. I think I will try to serve my hubby a tin next week...he is Army man and they are kinda like MRE's so it should be interesting. LOL

The Activity Mom said...

Homemade syrup?! Awesome!
Love your header on your blog by the way. super cute!

Lara Neves said...

Love it! Fun idea to give a Christmas breakfast preview. :)

Unknown said...

What a great tin! The syrup looks yummy!

Jenny said...

I love home made syrup.

Jamie said...

I've never made syrup before, I'm going to have to try it out! Great tin!

Trudie said...

Looks awesome! Great tin! Love the syrup idea.

Jeanette said...

Have not made syrup in a few years. Once upon a time I made it all the time. I'll have to start making some again.
The tin looks yummy.

Amber said...

We do Aebleskivers on conference Sunday. Never had them with homemade syrup...mmmm!