Monday, February 21, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Busy, Happy Weekend Leftovers


The past few days have been FULL of fun activities and get-togethers ... book club, Aimee and Matthias' wedding party, hosting a baby shower, sending off some grandparents onto a mission with a big, yummy family dinner. My goodness ... I am certain I have gained back several pounds, and I have found that I LOVE, I mean REALLY LOVE goat cheese. Oh dear!

Anyhow, with all that food we have ended up with many leftovers in our home ... so here they are for the kids on our day off of school - doesn't the muffin tin make leftovers so much better?

Our tin consists of:
(top) carrots, m&m's, cheddar cheese and red pepper
(middle) frozen strawberry, celery, jello, peas in the pod
(bottom) mozzerella cheese, banana, broccoli and pita

(below) and a bunch of happy kids who got to "picnic" in the great room since the kitchen table is full of drying dishes ... did I mention we had a lot of entertaining going on this weekend?


More at:

8 comments:

Sugary Flower said...

I really love this lunch - it's so colourful, and looks tasty too. And yes, muffin tin meals are the BEST way to serve leftovers! :o)

Unknown said...

Looks great! I need to get my little ones eating more color like this.

Unknown said...

I love all the veggies and fruit in this meal. Sounds like you have been busy at your house.

Anonymous said...

I love using leftovers for muffin tin meals, it makes them so much more inviting! Also, I love your kids' picnic table :)

Doran & Jody said...

How fun!! I would like to eat at yous house.

Amber said...

You are still holding strong as the coolest mom I know! I can't believe how big your kids are, they really are cuties. It was good to see you (for a minute) the other day:)

Ludicrous Mama said...

Love the vibrant colors! Eating a rainbow, indeed! Usually I'm the one stuck eating the leftovers of the MTM prep or the MTM itself... haven't tried putting leftovers IN the MTM!

Jessica G. said...

So...remember forever ago when you first commented on my blog and we laughed at all the things we had in common (Flylady, geocaching, and cakes). Well, we have Muffin Tin Mondays, too! I usually don't blog about them because they're not this healthy or colorful. :)